Peanut butter and butterscotch is not a combination I would typically put together, so I was intrigued when I saw this recipe. I love peanut butter and I love butterscotch, but I wasn’t sure how they would be when combined in one recipe. The best way to find out would be to just try it! This is an extremely simple recipe. All you do is melt butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips in a pot, remove from the heat, and then stir in the marshmallows. Does it get any easier than that? When you add the marshmallows, and entire bag seems like a lot, but it works really well. I loved having the marshmallows, but I’m sure it would work fine if you want to add less. The flavor combination was phenomenal. The butterscotch and peanut butter balanced one another very well. Neither flavor was overly dominant, and I would love to find more desserts with the unexpectedly delicious combination!
Peanut Butter and Butterscotch Fudge
Source: adapted from The Crepes of Wrath
1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 package (11-12 ounces) butterscotch chips
1 bag mini marshmallows
1. Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot.
2. Add peanut butter and butterscotch chips; stir until melted.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes so you don’t melt the marshmallows.
4. Stir in the marshmallows gently yet quickly
5. Pour into a greased 9×9 pan, and put into the refrigerator until set.